What this policy covers
Your privacy is very important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use information we collect
- How we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- How we transfer information we collect internationally
- Other important privacy information
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
Information you provide to us
We collect information about you when you input it into the Services or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, or book classes through the Services. For example, you provide your contact information, name, gender and DOB when you register for the Services. You also have the option of adding a profile photo, location, and other details to your profile information to be displayed in our Services. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Services.
- Content you provide through our website: The Services also include our website owned or operated by us. We collect data that you generate using this website. For example, you provide content to us when you book yourself to classes, edit your fitness related attributes such as your Max HR and FTP, edit your fitness facilities list and update your region preferences. Content you provide through our web widgets: The Services also include our web-widgets owned by us and hosted on other fitness facilities’ websites. We collect data that you generate using these widget. For example, you provide content to us when you book yourself to classes, edit your contact information, update your personal information such as weight and height, modify fitness related attributes such as your Max HR and FTP, and update your home address.
- Information you provide through our support channels: The Services also include customer support, where you may choose to submit information regarding a problem you are experiencing with a Service. Whether you designate yourself as a technical contact, open a support ticket, speak to one of our representatives directly or otherwise engage with our support team, you will be asked to provide contact information, a summary of the problem you are experiencing, and any other documentation, screenshots or information that would be helpful in resolving the issue.
- Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. For example, we ask you to designate a billing representative, including name and contact information, upon registration. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services and gateways who are PCI-DSS compliant. We do not store any credit card information on our cloud or our web servers.
Information we collect automatically when you use the Services
We collect information about you when you use our Services or other 3rd party services we have an interface with, including taking workouts using a Spivi system, browsing our website and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Data collected by our products: The Services include our training systems products you use during workouts, where we track, display, collect, store and share your workout data . This data includes any workout information our products are capable to collect. Examples of data we collect include: heart rate, power, cadence, burned calories, fitness tests results and challenges results.
Data collected from 3rd parties: Some of our services interact with other vendors or service providers. Here is what we get from them: MINDBODY online – Personal and login information, class attendance. Zingfit – Personal and login information, class attendance.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- To provide the Services and personalize your experience: We use information about you to provide the Services to you, including provide real-time feedback during your workout, identify you on the group display using your name and profile picture, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the Services. For example, we use the name and picture you provide in your account to identify you on the group display screen. Our Services also include tailored features that personalize your experience, and enhance the value that our platform provides to you. For example, we may use your gender, DOB and weight to estimate your personal calorie burn during a workout. We can also compute your initial Max HR value based on your gender and DOB.
To provide the Services to your club operator: We use some of the collected information about your workouts to generate reports to your club operator and their staff members. The class reports include your workout information such as average heart rate, average power, burned calories etc. In addition, your accumulated workout results may be used and displayed on your club web leaderboard, provided as part of our Services.
- To communicate with you about the Services: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the Services, including confirming your class booking, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you product update notices, security alerts, and administrative messages. Depending on your settings, we send you email notifications when you perform an action on our platform, when you book a class for example.
- These communications are part of the Services and you can unsubscribe from them either from the sent communication itself or in your account settings.
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with the Services: We use your contact information and information about how you use the Services to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email and by displaying ads on other companies' websites and applications, as well as on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Google. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the Services, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and contests. You can unsubscribe from email communication from the sent email itself.
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the Services.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the Services, with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing : We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
- If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your club operator) have a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services.
How we share information we collect
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below, including in connection with possible business transfers, but we are not in the business of selling information about you to advertisers or other third parties.
Sharing with Club Operators
When you use the Services, we share certain information about you with your fitness club operators.
- For improved personal training services: We share your workout information with the Club operators and trainers in order to allow them track your fitness level over time and optionally provide you enhanced and personalized training program.
- For improved training feedback: We share your personal fitness level attributes (FTP, LTHR, Max HR, VO2Max) with the Club operators. They can edit these values for you and make them more accurate for you, based on their professional experience and their acquaintance with you. For example, they can edit your FTP for you and then your %FTP and power zones displayed on our training systems will be more accurate.
You can disable edit permissions on your account settings.
For administration: As an essential part of our Services, we share your personal and class booking information, phone, email and HR monitor ID with the Club operators. This information helps Club operators with the daily operation tasks related to running classes in their facility as well as to provide you better services as their customer.
- For integrity: We share some of your personal information attributes (Gender, Height, Weight, DOB) with the Club operators in order to allow them perform integrity testing. These attributes affects other attributes such as burned calories and SEP (Spivi Ecosystem Points), that are used on various leaderboards we provide as part of our Services.
Sharing with third parties
We share information with third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, integrate, customize, support and market our Services.
- Service Providers: We work with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- Integrated Services: Some of our class scheduling services have the capability to seamlessly integrate with 3rd party CRM solutions such as MINDBODY Online and ZingFit. These integration are part of our Services. In order to allow these integrations we may share some of your personal information such as your email, name, gender, DOB, address, phone number and workout performance data with these integrated services. Sharing your information with these integrated services will result with an account created on these platform, which may be exposed to your club operator.
- Links to Third-Party Sites: The Services may include links that direct you to other websites or services whose privacy practices may differ from ours. Your use of and any information you submit to any of those third-party sites is governed by their privacy policies, not this one.
- With your consent: We share other information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
- Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect our services, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
How we store and secure information we collect
Information storage and security
We use data hosting service providers in the United States to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information, as described in further detail below. After such time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives or is required to be kept by law), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
- Account information: We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our Services. Where we retain information for Service improvement and development, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our Services, not to specifically analyze personal characteristics about you.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have certain choices available to you when it comes to your information. Below is a summary of those choices, how to exercise them and any limitations. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. Below, we describe the tools and processes for making these requests. You can exercise some of the choices by logging into the Services and using settings available within the Services or your account.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases: for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. Where your account was created by other applications created and maintained by third parties, for example, MINDBODY Online, you will need to contact those third-party service providers directly to have your information deleted or otherwise restricted. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
- Access and update your personal information: Our Services give you the ability to access and update certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can access and update your personal information from your Account & Settings and update your name, gender and DOB. You can also update your profile picture, primary email address, weight, height and additional fitness related attributes.
Access and update your Class Workout Privacy Settings: You can use our Services to update your In-Class privacy settings from within our Services. For example, you can hide your name, profile picture and burned calories during a class workout using our products,
- Delete your information: Our Services give you the ability to delete certain information about you from within the Service. For example, you can delete specific workout from your account. Request that we stop using your information: In some cases, you may ask us to stop accessing, storing, using and otherwise processing your information where you believe we don't have the appropriate rights to do so. For example, if you believe a Services account was created for you without your permission or you are no longer an active user, you can request that we delete your account as provided in this policy. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations. When you make such request, we may need time to investigate and facilitate your request. If there is a delay or dispute as to whether we have the right to continue using your information, we will restrict any further use of your information until the request is honored or the dispute is resolved.
- Opt out of communications: You may opt out of receiving general service communication or promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account & settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our service email list, promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services or other important communication such as password reset notifications. Please note, you will continue to receive generic ads on 3rd party platform such as Facebook, Google Search and Google Display Network.
- Turn off Cookie Controls: Relevant browser-based cookie controls are described in our Cookies & Tracking Notice.
- Send "Do Not Track" Signals: Some browsers have incorporated "Do Not Track" (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Services do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, including the ability to opt out of receiving marketing from us as described above.
- Data portability: Data portability is the ability to obtain some of your information in a format you can move from one service provider to another (for instance, when you transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier). Depending on the context, this applies to some of your information, but not to all of your information. Under your Account & Settings, navigate to the Download Your Information section to obtain a digital copy of your records. Should you request it, we will provide you with an electronic file of your basic account information, workout history, profile pictures history and more.
Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our support services and report the case.
Your information is controlled by SpiviTech, LTD. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry via our Contact Us page.